Now, I know we all love a good old fashioned 'New Year's Detox' (even if we don't admit it).
1. Drink eight glasses of water a day (that's a given)
2. Eat 'energy boosting' foods - fruit and vegetables
3. Take a twenty minute walk or partake in some kind of exercise every day
4. Cut out processed, sugary foods (e.g. chocolate, alcohol)
5. Stop smoking!
6. Apparently, squeezing half a cup of lemon into a cup of hot water every morning is good for you (I may test this and write about it another day)
7. Eat wholegrains and lentils
8. GREEN TEA: antioxidants + weight loss boosting = yes please!
(i'll add to this list at a later date).
Also, I was speaking to a lovely woman in a health shop today who recommends B Vitamins as a way of providing relaxation and energy if you're feeling stressed or fatigued. I did a little bit of research and found that they're considered one of the best vitamins to use for this purpose, so I thought i'd post it up here in case anyone found it useful - it's not uncommon to get a little case of the new year blues.